TERMS & CONDITIONS
“GET ON THE GUESTLIST” PROMOTION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Facebook page and the MARTINI®
Get on the Guestlist Facebook Application (“App”) are available for the personal use of individuals who are lawfully permitted to consume alcoholic beverages in territories where the consumption of alcoholic beverages is lawful. By accessing and viewing the MARTINI®
Facebook page or App and/or by entering this “Promotion”, you accept these “Terms and Conditions” and agree to abide by them and be bound by them in their entirety.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROMOTER:
1. Bacardi Global Brands Limited (referred to here as “MARTINI®
”) is a company registered in England & Wales under company number 3651489 with a registered office and main trading address at 28 Dorset Square, London, NW1 6QG, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB 222 2530 16.
is the organizer of the Promotion, and is responsible for all administrative aspects of the Promotion (including determination of winners, prize-giving, and technical support etc.), with the assistance of Bacardi-Martini Limited of Bacardi Brown-Forman House, Kings Worthy, Hampshire, SO23 7TW. All references to MARTINI®
refer to MARTINI®
, its group companies, affiliates, agents, sub-contractors and associates.
3. If you have any questions or comments, you can email your MARTINI®
representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO MAY ENTER:
4. The Promotion is open to individuals who are legally resident in the United Kingdom.
5. All individuals must be above the minimum age for purchasing and consuming alcoholic beverages (“Legal Age”) in the United Kingdom on 16 July 2013. Where a country has multiple states, districts or zones with different Legal Ages, the highest Legal Age across the entire country shall apply to all that country’s entrants. Proof of age and eligibility may be required.
6. The following may not enter the Promotion or win a prize (either as an entrant or guest): (a) employees of MARTINI®
or its group companies, affiliates, agents, sub-contractors and associates (and their first and second degree family members), (b) anyone else who is directly or indirectly professionally connected with MARTINI®
(and their first and second degree family members), as well as (c) employees of any company active in the alcoholic beverage sector (and their first and second degree family members)
7. If you are not a legal resident for tax purposes of the United Kingdom, you will not be eligible to enter the Promotion. By entering this Promotion you confirm you are a resident of the United Kingdom, and that it is lawful for you to enter the Promotion.
reserves the right to exclude entrants to the Promotion in the event that any laws prohibit the operation of the Promotion either in the entrant’s state, district, zone or country of residence or origin.
reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity, including by requiring such information from entrants as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry or an entrant.
HOW TO ENTER:
10. Entry is free and no purchase is necessary but entrants will need internet access (and a Facebook account, if entering via Facebook).
11. To take part in the Promotion, entrants must do the following between 11.59.59 am (local time) on 16 July 2013 and 11:59:59 am (local time) on 18 August 2013 (the “Promotional Period”):
a. Get to the Promotion landing page by either:
(i) Going to http://www.150.martini.com/UK
(ii) Going to Facebook.com/MARTINI®
, “Like” the page (if not already done so), and clicking onto the App tab.
b. Once on the Promotion landing page, take part in the interactive experience to get you in the mood for the MARTINI®
150 Anniversary Party in Lake Como, Italy (the “MARTINI®
c. Follow the instructions within the interactive experience during which you will be asked to try and convince us you deserve an invitation to the MARTINI®
150 Party. You will have three opportunities to tell our virtual door girl why you think should be chosen to be on the guest list for the MARTINI®
150 Party (each time you will be able to say a maximum or 100 words or less (if typing) or in 30 seconds or less (if recording your voice)). Remember, we are looking for entrants that embody the MARTINI®
brand values: gioia di vivere (“love for life”), vero (“truth”/“integrity”), style and courage. We will also consider how playful, original and unique your entry is, and whether you appear to be embracing a “Luck Is An Attitude” lifestyle.
d. Follow the instructions to share this Promotion with your friends and on your own wall.
e. Provide the required personal information.
g. Click the “Submit” button.
12. Closing date: The final date for submission of entries is 11:59:59am on 18 August 2013. Any entries submitted after that time will not be eligible and will not be entered.
LIMITATIONS ON ENTRIES:
13. There are no limitations on the number of entries and you may take part in the interactive experience as many times as you wish and may make as many entries as you like into the Promotion.
14. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties.
15. Incomplete entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of, or comply in full with, these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
16. Grand Prize: Tickets to the MARTINI®
150 Party for 2 Grand Prize winners and 1 guest each (4 tickets in total) (who must also be over the Legal Age) on 19 September 2013. Winners must be available for a three (3) day trip to Italy which includes the date of the MARTINI®
150 Party, plus the necessary travel time either side.
17. Each Grand Prize winner will receive: (i) 2 economy return flights from the Grand Prize winner’s nearest international airport to Milan, Italy, (ii) transfer by reasonable means from Milan airport to the hotel, (iii) two (2) nights’ accommodation in a hotel (based on Grand Prize winner and their guest sharing a standard double or twin room, (iv) food and drink budget of €200 in total, and (v) transfers to and from the MARTINI®
18. The Grand Prize does NOT include: (i) transfer from Grand Prize winner’s home to nearest international airport, (ii) spending money, (iii) other entertainment costs, and (iv) “paid for extras” at hotel, including but not limited to use of mini-bar, laundry service, access to paid-for-television channels, internet access and room service.
19. Please note that the Grand Prize does not include any items not listed or any other incidental costs or expenses other than those specifically included.
20. At the end of the Promotional Period, all eligible entries received before the final closing date of the Promotion 11:59:59am on 18 August 2013 will be considered by a panel of judges, at least one of whom will be independent of MARTINI®
, and 2 Grand Prize winners will be selected.
21. The criteria the judges will be looking at are: embodiment the MARTINI®
brand values: gioia di vivere (“love for life”), vero (“integrity”), style and courage. They will also consider how playful, original and unique each entry is, and whether the entrant appears to be embracing a “Luck Is An Attitude” lifestyle.
22. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email or phone within around 5 working days of the end of the Promotional Period.
23. It is winners’ and guests’ responsibility to ensure that they each have a valid passport and all necessary visas, travel insurance, health insurance and vaccinations to be able to travel. The prize does not guarantee issuing of visas to winners or guests. It is also winners’ and guests responsibility to adhere to the instructions and timings informed to them by MARTINI®
in respect of all aspects of the Grand Prize (and MARTINI®
shall be under no obligations or have any responsibilities if winners or guest are late for any aspect of the Grand Prize and/or if they do not follow MARTINI®
’s instructions in relation to the whole or any part of the Grand Prize).
24. Grand Prize winners and their guests must drink responsibly at all times when enjoying the Grand Prize and not engage in conduct (whether by act or omission) that might bring themselves or MARTINI®
into disrepute or expose them to ridicule.
TERMS APPLICABLE TO ALL PRIZES:
’s decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants and no correspondence shall be entered into.
reserves the right to substitute the prizes (or any part of the prizes) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prizes (or any part of the prizes) and the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
27. The total retail value of the Grand Prize is approximately £1200.
28. The prize description is illustrative and not definitive and the total prize value stated herein is only an indicative value.
29. As a result of acceptance and use of a prize, winners may have to pay federal, state, or other taxes, levies or duties on the value of the prize, according to the laws of their country of residence or domicile (including income tax). In such cases, payment of any applicable taxes, levies or duties on the winners shall be the winner’s sole responsibility and, for the avoidance of doubt, shall not be deducted at source by MARTINI®
30. If any winner is not able, for any reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted (or does not respond) within 5 working days of being notified that they are a winner, MARTINI®
reserves the right to award or attempt to award the prize to another entrant.
31. Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the prizes where applicable.
32. All prize winners may be required to take part in interviews and/or other media activity at or in connection with the MARTINI®
33. Details of all prize winners’ names and county will be available for one month after the close of this Promotion by writing to MARTINI®
BEHAVIOUR, OFFENSIVE COMMENTS, MALICIOUS CODE, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES:
34. Any inappropriate, illegal or immoral (including unsportsmanlike) behaviour on the part of any entrant in connection with the Promotion may result in MARTINI®
disqualifying (at its sole discretion) that entrant from the Promotion.
35. In particular (but without limiting the above), entrants must not:
a. misuse the MARTINI®
website or MARTINI®
Facebook page by adding any comments or content which may be regarded as offensive, defamatory, obscene, threatening or unlawful; or
b. knowingly introducing any harmful or malicious code to the MARTINI®
website or MARTINI®
Facebook page or the App; or
c. attempt to gain unauthorized access to the MARTINI®
website or MARTINI®
Facebook page or the App, or the server(s) on which they or any website operated by MARTINI®
is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Promotion; or
d. attack the MARTINI®
website or MARTINI®
Facebook page or the App via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
36. If MARTINI®
has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, by creating multiple email or Facebook accounts to gain multiple entries, or by manipulating by any means whatsoever the Promotion, any entry or the choice of prize winner(s)) MARTINI®
reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
may in its discretion report any fraudulent activity by an entrant to the relevant law enforcement authorities.
38. There are certain things for which MARTINI®
does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next paragraphs. MARTINI®
does not exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. MARTINI®
accepts full liability for these matters and all matters for which it cannot, under English law (or any other applicable law), exclude or limit its liability. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 39, 40, 41, 42 and 43 will apply. References to “MARTINI®
” include all of MARTINI®
’s group companies, affiliates, agents, sub-contractors and associates or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond MARTINI®
’s reasonable control:
a. any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
b. any changes to prizes or the way in which they can be used;
c. problems with the dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient); and
d. any act or default of any third party supplier.
does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
will also not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack or virus or malicious code that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the MARTINI®
Facebook page or the App or due to your downloading of any material posted on them, or on any website linked to them.
42. Commentary and other materials posted on the MARTINI®
website, the MARTINI®
Facebook page or within the App are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. MARTINI®
therefore disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the MARTINI®
website, the MARTINI®
Facebook page or user of the App, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
43. Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering, you acknowledge that Facebook bears no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion. You understand that the information you provide is provided to MARTINI®
(and its affiliates, associates and agents where applicable) and not to Facebook.
PERSONAL DETAILS AND DATA PROTECTION:
44. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that if they are a winner:
a. they grant MARTINI®
the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration (and, if required by MARTINI®
, will sign a written statement to this effect);
b. they will take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity at MARTINI®
45. Any personal information entrants supply to MARTINI®
in the course of the Promotion will be used by MARTINI®
and its authorized agents, affiliates and sub-contractors to assess entries and to administer the Promotion. Such information may be disclosed to third parties for purposes associated with the administration of the Promotion, and may be made publicly available on the internet or other media. Such disclosures or publication may mean that personal information about you is transferred outside the European Economic Area.
46. Where you have consented, MARTINI®
and its affiliated companies may also use your personal information to send you information about its products from time to time.
48. All intellectual property and database rights, in the MARTINI®
website, the MARTINI®
Facebook page and the App, and our materials published on them, excluding so called “user generated content” but including, without limitation, all the content of the interactive experience, trademarks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials, look and feel and software (including code, interface and website structure) (“Materials”) are owned by MARTINI®
, our subsidiaries, affiliates companies and/or any of our partners. The Materials are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from any Materials.
reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any amendments will be published on the MARTINI®
Facebook page and (if applicable) registered with the relevant authorities.
reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control.
51. These Terms and Conditions are drafted in English and several other languages. In the event of any discrepancies between the two versions, the English version shall prevail.
52. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction, save in respect of enforcement of judgments where their jurisdiction shall be non exclusive.
53. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.